31 ene 2013

Indies Forward: Celling Notebooks ~ Keep going.

indiesforward
Hello, my fellow readers.
This day is really special. Why? Because I'm going to open my heart to you. I'm going to tell you a story.

My father's mother was a great woman. My grandmother, named Zoila, came from a poor family. She liked to live with nothing else than the basic needs. And she was truly a giver. She used to lived in another city, 40 minutes away from where I live. Whenever she came to our home, she used to bring us all kind of things. Clothe, toys, fruits, little presents. And I always expected her with arms wide-open. She really was a beautiful woman.

On December of 2002. Me and my family were buying Christmas Presents. We were buying them a little early, and suddenly, my dad got a phone call. My grandmother had a stroke. She was at the ICU.

We run to the hospital, my father, who's a doctor, immediately started to check on her and ask for her state. She had almost none probabilities of living.

She was in a coma for a week or so. Then she miraculously woke up. But she couldn't speak, she couldn't even move. We were happy but at the same time sad.
Therapy begun. Lots of hours in the hospital. My mom and my dad taking shifts taking care of her. And even my aunts, who are living in Italy came over to visit her for a month.

After New Year, my grandmother was able to come home with us. We prepare her a special room, we took care of her and she started speaking and even to move a little bit, but she couldn't walk. All January of 2003 we talked a lot, we laugh, we watched TV. She enjoyed old movies. I don't like them but I saw them because of her. I had a great time with her. I was so happy because she was recovering so fast, and I hugged her every night before go to sleep.

Last day of January, I came from school at midnoon, I ate with her, and she called me. We started to talk and she told me really nice things. She told me to take care of my mom, to be a good girl always. She looked really healthy. In the night, it was passed 11 o'clock when my mom called my father really worried. My grandma was barely breathing. My mom and dad quickly took my grandma to the car to take her to the hospital. I was beside them all the time. And when they put my grandma into the car, we hold one last look.

That last look...

She looked at me saying goodbye. She looked at me saying that she loved me. And I.. I just couldn't told her that I loved her. I wanted to grab her hand but my mom closed the door of the car.

When they left, I went to my bed to cry.

My mom called us at 1:30 a.m of February 1st, telling me and my brothers that my grandma had passed away.

I was devastated. I was only 12 years old. I wanted her to be on my 16th birthday. I wanted her to be with me, laughing and saying bad words in other languages. I wanted to hugged her again.

Tomorrow it's the 10th anniversary of her death. I always keep her in my mind. Sometimes I still want to talk to her, to hug her, to laugh with her, to watch old movies even when I don't like them. I really would want she could see my brother's first child that's about to born next week.

I guess God has always something prepared to us. It's His way we follow.


It's hard to lose someone. It's hard and that pain, that hole in your soul, in your heart it's heavy.

Why am I telling you about this?  Because there's some people that struggles really hard. the way my grandma struggled to be with us at least a month, because it was a miracle she could even talk after the stroke and been in a coma after a week. She left the best thing she could have with me:  Memories. All those beautiful memories will remain in my heart, in my mind always.

The way Julie Forward DeMay fought with her cancer is truly an inspiration of life. She wrote a book named Cell War Notebooks where are her memories. It's a compilation of Julie’s blog posts from the last seven months of her life as she battled cervical cancer with hope, bravery, and a great sense of humor.

 
cellwarUnfortunately, she's no longer with us to promote this book by herself. So, we are helping to spread the word. Please, go to the facebook page of Cell War Notebooks and like it. Go to Goodreads and add it to your TBR shelf.

Go to Amazon and buy it. Go and shared about it on Twitter, on Facebook, on Pinterest or any social media.


BUT PLEASE! HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it!
Gracias por tu comentario, ¡de verdad lo aprecio!